Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Revenge of the math

Some things just come back and bite you. The past few days I've felt the sting of things I've forgoten or ignored.

I'm horrid at math. Supposedly this is rare in computer science things but I just am. Through school I've generally programmed a calculator, which surprisingly I was allowed to get away with as somehow I knew the things by being able to program them, and just avoided those classes. College I jumped to a related degree that just plain had less math.

Last few days we needed some more graphical things set up. That required lines drawn between nearly the shortest points of some lines and some points, in other words everything I've been avoiding. The crash course has went alright, as this is not completely needed to be automated some corner cutting is needed but it is sad I've spent a lot of the past two days failing at math instead of being stuck on a programing problem. But I suppose that's life.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, I hate that. I always seem to need to convert units, so I get stuck doing weird fraction math all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @convictus
    Yeah had a bit of that. A lot of fun time rediscovering radians and getting them to a system I could at least visualize.

    ReplyDelete