Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Inventory management.

More code done and more design patterns to figure out. My current goal is to figure out basic selection and swapping of items on a character. This is leading to some interesting problems. The testbed for most of this inventory programing is the RPG idea I've been toying with but I've started importing a few of the necessary items over to legend, that being threading items.

The long short is every interaction I add I have to nest a little bit more and keep some more variables and states tracked. As well as be careful from having the threads lock input out of the game. I can tell doing this for a single entity instead of a party will be much easier but I'm already thinking of better ways to go about this, slightly more fancy than I should but it just seems easier.

Thursday, April 12, 2012


Quick update, figured out why Legend wasn't working right. Simple fix that only works in the current context of the generator but it's a start. Now to get the locked doors to work properly along with return doors to previous hallways.